Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Mapping Robot - update 6

Progress since last milestone
I add a three new push buttons to my robot. One of the push buttons is used to zoom out of the map and another to zoom in. For the last push button, i'm using it as a menu button. So far for the menu,  the only thing I have added so far was a zoom multiplier function to speed up the zooming in and out. For example, to zoom 5 time faster or zoom 20 time faster. The reason for the zoom multiplier is that depending how long i let the robot map, the map can size can get very large and zooming in or out by 1 time ( basically shifting everything by 1 pixel at a time) can take a while.
I added a third ultra sonic sensor to the right back of the robot as well, to help keep the robot perpendicular to a wall when moving.
Here's an updated picture of my robot

Problems/Difficulty encountered
I ended up not adding the Intel Galileo due to it only having two fast ports and the rest of the ports input/ output speed is too slow to usable for my robot.

Proposed progress for the next milestone
Hopefully add some new functions to my robot or improve on existing functions.

No comments:

Post a Comment