Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Mapping Robot - update 1

Update 02/12/13
Progress since last post
A little more than half of the  parts that I have ordered came.
These are the parts so far...

Rover 5 Robot Platform (4 DC motor, 4 encoder)
9V Battery Power Cable for Arduino

Mini12864 Blue Backlight Dots Graphic LCD Display Module
Dagu 4 channel motor 4 encoder control unit ( 4A Stall Current)

Analog Servo Motor w/ Arms & Wheel, 360 degrees, 4.8V

Solder-less Flexible Breadboard Jumper Cable Wires
Rover 5 Expansion Plates
             Wide                                       Narrow

I also brought some batteries for the AA batteries for the motor and 9V batteries for the arduino for testing it when it is not connected to my computer.
I got the servo motor working using the arduino micro controller servo library, now all in need is my sensor to put on top of it to see if i'm going to use it or not to move sensor depending on the results of it..


Problems/Difficulty encountered
I haven't had the chance to get the chassis moving because I didn't realized when I ordered the motor control shield, it has to be connected with female jumper wire and unfortunately i have only male to male jumper wires. I'm also waiting on my male header for my graphic LCD so i can solder it on to it, so i can conveniently add it or remove it from a bread board.

Proposed progress for the coming week
Depending on what parts come in, will determine how much work I can actually do for the next update...

No comments:

Post a Comment