Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Mapping Robot - update 2

Progress since last week

  • I got both my proximity sensors (ultra sonic and infrared) and both are working. (i'm still testing both to see which ill use for measuring distance).
  • headers for my graphic LCD (haven't soldered it on yet).
  • I can now move my chassis with the arduino micro controller using the motor controller because my jumper wires came in.
  • I can measure my distance traveled with the use of the encoders that came with the chassis.

Problems/Difficulty encountered

  • I haven't gotten the current (amps) reading that each motor is using to work yet
  • I had a problem with my LI-PO batteries because I didn't realize i had to buy an adapter to charge it it, so, I improvised and used jumper wires with alligator clips to charge it.

Proposed progress for the coming week

  • Get my robot to dodge basic obstacles

No comments:

Post a Comment