Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Mapping Robot - update 3

Progress since last week
  • I added two ultra sonic sensor to my robot (one facing the front of the chassis and the other facing the right of the chassis).
  • My robot can follow a wall on the right side and turn right when it see's an open path or turn left if threes a wall. 
Here is a picture of my mapping robot so far

A short video of it's operation (preset distance)

Problems/Difficulty encountered
  • I realized that my encoder outputs were faster then my Arduino micro controller could read it when I had multiple serial print statements which was basically was taking longer than the encoder was switching states. Since i removed them from the loop that i was using to count how many times the encoder change state,  the accuracy greatly improved and stayed mostly constant with 1 or 2 state changes every now and again.
Proposed progress for the coming week
  • Well since i completed my progress two weeks in advance, ill spend some time working on  future proposed progress or improving what i did so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment